At Research Psychiatric Center, our psychologists and psychiatrists specialize in helping adults find stability among the different life stresses and problems an individual can face. It is our goal to put our patients on a path toward recovery and a better life.
Adult Treatment Program
Tailored to meet the needs of adults 18 and older suffering from acute emotional or mental disorders, Research Psychiatric Center provides inpatient treatment on both our Adult Treatment Program wing and our Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU) to stabilize individuals experiencing an acute crisis.
The Treatment Mall
The Treatment Mall at Research Psychiatric Center offers adult patients greater ownership in their treatment while building the life skills they need to progress in their recovery.
- Needs-based system which assists the patient in reaching specific treatment goals by allowing patients to attend groups in specialty tracks.
- Tracks include: thought disorders, mood disorders, chemical addiction, trauma, grief, depression, pain and anxiety.
- Unique and separate treatment malls are utilized for our adult population to provide a truly individualized plan of care.
- The group facilitators within our treatment malls are specialized in a variety of areas and utilize different modalities depending on their discipline.
- The group facilitators include Registered Nurses, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Nutritionists, Art Therapists, Recreational Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Mental Health Counselors.
- The patients leave their unit for the programming each day and attend groups in different areas of the hospital according to a daily individualized schedule.
The Vine Unit is a relaxing place with an advanced therapy protocol for high functioning patients that need stabilization. Our newly remodeled Vine Unit offers a retreat for individuals seeking new insights, perspectives, and coping strategies to help manage their lives. We offer a thorough assessment of the stressors in their life and provide immediate psychiatric care in a world where getting in with an area psychiatrist can be challenging. Learn more
Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT)
Patients using this service arrive early in the morning for pre-procedure preparation and stay in the hospital for approximately four hours, from treatment through recovery. Learn more
Adult Outpatient Services
Research Psychiatric Center provides intensive outpatient programs (IOP) for those struggling with emotional or behavioral issues This level of care may be used as an entry point for treatment or as step-down following inpatient stabilization. The program meets three times a week, for three hours, and offers a higher level of care than monthly or weekly one-on-one therapy, and might be more appropriate than a hospital stay. Our staff work in conjunction with consulting professionals including psychologists, social workers, therapists and community agencies specializing in adolescent behavioral health who may be currently providing therapeutic and treatment services.